Kamla was really tensed at her 17 year old son's internet behaviour.....No no he was not addicted to restricted sites nor was he involved in any sort of hacking, spamming, phishing or any other fraudulent activities. What worried her was his tendency of consuming and sharing all sorts of data posted on social media without verifying them. Oh I know you must be feeling,"Oh come on! I thought it was something serious..๐.". But it actually was๐. Kamla knew how important it was for her son to be not just aware but even responsible. And she devised a plan for this purpose.๐
Next day when her son opened his lunchbox in school, he was shocked to see scrapes with images of all sorts of dishes๐จ. Yes you got that right, it wasn't food, it was paper....paper origami. Only in the morning his Mom had told him that she has given very delicious dishes that he should also share with his friends, but what kind of a childish joke this was. He was highly embarrassed and as he reached home he burst over Kamla๐ฌ. Kamla smilingly asked him, "Did what I gave you not look like food? Did not I ask you to share it with your friends? But neither you ate it nor shared it with your friends, because they were not edible. My dear son๐, when you can be so careful while feeding your stomach not to dump things not worth it, how can you be so careless while feeding your mind and even your personality. How can you be so reckless on social media๐."
Kamla's lesson is an important one for many of us today. Well, seems you have become serious๐. So, let's make things little funny....๐...ummmm...ok I shall classify the messages worth avoiding.
There are five categories of such messages
1. Pyar do Pyar lo๐- The message reads," If u r getting this msg, u r very close to my heart...send it to all those who are close to ur heart....include me if i too am one of them." huh..๐ฃ..irritating...Finally we send it only to the person who has send it to us (raise your hands if you do this too)๐. Let that person alone be happy. By the way my Grandpa once asked me,"Beta! ye pacemaker ko message kaise bhejte hain? isme likha hai send it closest to ur heart..."๐
2. Khabardaar๐- This message will tell you,"If u don't forward it to n number of friends, u will get a bad news"..sounds like," Hello..Don here"...hihihi.....this message itself is a kind of bad news. So, I don't worry anymore because I have already got the bad news....ab isse zyada manhoos message aur kya hoga?๐ฒ
3.Pakki Khabar๐- Everyone on social media is a journalist. So, as soon as they find some news or information, they jump over the forward button to spread it like a fire. Some even argue,"See the name under the message. It is of some xyz commissioner, some abc doctor. Why will he/she lie." My dear friend, he/she will definitely not lie (unless they are contesting elections๐) but their names can be written out of that very 26 letters of english that are there on anyones' keypad....even yours....even mine. If I publish a part of my article under the name Mrs. Funnybones....I would not become Twinkle Khanna.๐
4. Khoya Paya- These are the messages with a child's photo or video requesting you to forward it so much so that it reaches the correct people. No No I am not at all against the bonafide intentions of people But how do you assure yourself that the picture is not very very old, being circulated even after the child has been found. Poor child๐ฅ....he cannot even wander around his home after that because people will tend to take him to the nearest police station....and the parents will worry that where has the child gone again...
5. Angaare- Seeing this kind of message I just feel like saying, " Don't Angry Me๐ซ". Issues may be related to caste, religion, region, fooding habit (vegetarianism), polical parties, the message has its view....fiery view....unnecessarily. They are potential bombs. The more quarantined they are, the better.
If you have anymore such categories write in the comments below.๐
If you have ever shared any such article ever, don't worry but change now. Your little effort can make big changes. In addition to social harmony and spread of correct information, this effort can even do something that is very relevant for all social media users. A decrease in rush of viral messages will reduce data traffic which will further lead to high data speed..๐..everyone is smiling.๐..hmmm?
I end this article of mine here. Pardon me for any silly mistakes. I will try to keep improving.๐
Happy messaging.๐
Next day when her son opened his lunchbox in school, he was shocked to see scrapes with images of all sorts of dishes๐จ. Yes you got that right, it wasn't food, it was paper....paper origami. Only in the morning his Mom had told him that she has given very delicious dishes that he should also share with his friends, but what kind of a childish joke this was. He was highly embarrassed and as he reached home he burst over Kamla๐ฌ. Kamla smilingly asked him, "Did what I gave you not look like food? Did not I ask you to share it with your friends? But neither you ate it nor shared it with your friends, because they were not edible. My dear son๐, when you can be so careful while feeding your stomach not to dump things not worth it, how can you be so careless while feeding your mind and even your personality. How can you be so reckless on social media๐."
Kamla's lesson is an important one for many of us today. Well, seems you have become serious๐. So, let's make things little funny....๐...ummmm...ok I shall classify the messages worth avoiding.
There are five categories of such messages
1. Pyar do Pyar lo๐- The message reads," If u r getting this msg, u r very close to my heart...send it to all those who are close to ur heart....include me if i too am one of them." huh..๐ฃ..irritating...Finally we send it only to the person who has send it to us (raise your hands if you do this too)๐. Let that person alone be happy. By the way my Grandpa once asked me,"Beta! ye pacemaker ko message kaise bhejte hain? isme likha hai send it closest to ur heart..."๐
2. Khabardaar๐- This message will tell you,"If u don't forward it to n number of friends, u will get a bad news"..sounds like," Hello..Don here"...hihihi.....this message itself is a kind of bad news. So, I don't worry anymore because I have already got the bad news....ab isse zyada manhoos message aur kya hoga?๐ฒ
3.Pakki Khabar๐- Everyone on social media is a journalist. So, as soon as they find some news or information, they jump over the forward button to spread it like a fire. Some even argue,"See the name under the message. It is of some xyz commissioner, some abc doctor. Why will he/she lie." My dear friend, he/she will definitely not lie (unless they are contesting elections๐) but their names can be written out of that very 26 letters of english that are there on anyones' keypad....even yours....even mine. If I publish a part of my article under the name Mrs. Funnybones....I would not become Twinkle Khanna.๐
4. Khoya Paya- These are the messages with a child's photo or video requesting you to forward it so much so that it reaches the correct people. No No I am not at all against the bonafide intentions of people But how do you assure yourself that the picture is not very very old, being circulated even after the child has been found. Poor child๐ฅ....he cannot even wander around his home after that because people will tend to take him to the nearest police station....and the parents will worry that where has the child gone again...
5. Angaare- Seeing this kind of message I just feel like saying, " Don't Angry Me๐ซ". Issues may be related to caste, religion, region, fooding habit (vegetarianism), polical parties, the message has its view....fiery view....unnecessarily. They are potential bombs. The more quarantined they are, the better.
If you have anymore such categories write in the comments below.๐
If you have ever shared any such article ever, don't worry but change now. Your little effort can make big changes. In addition to social harmony and spread of correct information, this effort can even do something that is very relevant for all social media users. A decrease in rush of viral messages will reduce data traffic which will further lead to high data speed..๐..everyone is smiling.๐..hmmm?
I end this article of mine here. Pardon me for any silly mistakes. I will try to keep improving.๐
Happy messaging.๐


My God!!!! You wrote this so so beautifully. Such a high level writing darling. Loved it like anything. Now feeling like deleting my blogs for being so boring ๐ ๐ ๐ ๐ Keep writing. People like you should never abstain from writing
ReplyDeleteBtw this is me Shalini. Since this is from my other email, it isn't displaying my name.
DeleteThank you so much dear Shalini. Such lovely comment ๐...
DeleteBtw you ought not to delete your blogs bcoz if mine is funny....yours is inspiring.... And i m the ur biggest fan....keep writing dear...and keep inspiring me.๐
You are correct Prikta.I wish someone open an institution to teach social media etiquette. Your job as an instructor is PAKKA.
ReplyDeleteThank you Papa๐
DeleteThe mention of a job is so relieving ๐...
I also usually avoid such kind of messages but I never tried people to aware about this
ReplyDeleteWell done beta it is such a great effort towards the society...
Thanks a lot bhaiya...hope the society understands๐
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more Prikta di n I completely share your opinion!
ReplyDeleteHey...thanks dear๐
Delete